Elected Officers: Roles & Responsibilites
The President shall:
1. Preside at all meetings of the Association, the Representative Council and Executive Board;
2. Prepare the agenda for the meetings of the Association, the Representative Council and the Executive Board;
3. Be the official spokesperson for the Association
4. Be familiar with the governance documents of the Association, CTA, and NEA;
5. Appoint all chairpersons and members of committees with the approval of the Executive Board by the beginning of each school year;
6. Appoint the chairperson and members of the Bargaining Team with the approval of the Executive Board by the beginning of each school year;
7. Call meetings of the Association, Representative Council and the Executive Board;
8. Propose the procedures for grievance processing for ratification by the Executive Board and the Representative Council;
9. Suggest policies, plans and activities for the Association and be held responsible for the progress and work of the Association;
10. Attend meetings of the Redwood Service Center Council (3 Saturday's per year)
11. Attend other CTA/NEA/RVUSD meetings as directed by the Representative Council to include:
a. CTA President's Conference (mid summer each year)
b. Sonoma County Educators Council (SCEC)
c. Monthly RVUSD School Board Meetings-
RVUTA president makes a public board address at the end of each school board meeting during the designated time.
RVUTA Vice President
The Vice President shall
1. Serve as assistant to the President in all duties of the President;
2. Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President;
3. Be responsible for the formation and distribution of the Association’s calendar of activities; and
4. Serve as coordinator of committee activities at the direction of the President.
5. Attend CTA/NEA/RVUSD conferences and meetings as directed by the Exec Board and the Representative Council
The Secretary shall:
1. Keep a careful and accurate record of the proceedings of each meeting, regular or special, of the Association, Representative Council, and the Executive Board;
2. Be responsible for the distribution of minutes, notice of meetings, and agendas for all meetings to members of the Representative Council and Executive Board; and to the membership when appropriate;
3. Keep an accurate roster of the membership of the Association and of all committees;
4. Carry on the correspondence pertaining to the affairs of the Association as directed by the President.
The Treasurer shall:
1. Receive all funds belonging to the Association and be responsible for their safekeeping and accounting;
2. Pay out such funds upon orders of the President;
3. Provide a written financial report for each regular meeting of the Representative Council and Executive Board;
4. Be responsible for an annual audit of the books of the Association and distributing a summary of this audit to the membership; and
5. Be responsible for submitting membership and financial reports to CTA, NEA, and other agencies as required by law.
6. Attend RVUSD Budget Advisory meetings on behalf of RVUTA and report information to the executive board.